Monday 5 November 2012

How-to Monday: Avoid a heat-induced face-melt.

We all know the feeling. It's a hot day, we've spent ages applying makeup only to have it melt all over our faces in the middle of a party/the races/dancing at the club.

This picture ----------------------> is how that makes me feel.

So, how can we avoid this particular mishap? Well, if you want to keep using the same products that have melted in the past...I can't help you. However, I can suggest some alternatives to get you through the upcoming (Australian) summer months.

First, if you've been taking care of your skin all through winter like I have, this is the time that really pays off. I find during the summer, if I've been really good with my skin care routine, and drinking lots of water, I can get away with a tinted moisturiser or BB cream for foundation makeup. As an alternative that won't melt off, try mineral powder foundation. It will give you a bit more coverage and still allow your skin to breathe.

To avoid panda-eyes caused by sweat/heated up eyeliner and mascara, use a good waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Apart from that, you can use your usual glosses, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, etc.

Don't forget to use a sunscreen on your face (Dermalogica have an awesome tinted sunscreen which I use as a base in summer) to avoid sun damage. The sun's rays are so strong, even a few minutes out in the sunshine is enough to start burning my English skin.

Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise, and keep drinking lots of water to keep your insides healthy. It will show on the outside, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment