Friday 9 November 2012

Let's talk: Eyeshadow primer.


 Lots of people have asked me what all the fuss is about eyeshadow primer. We have primers for everything these days, base, eyeshadow, eyelashes, the whole shebang. Makeup is becoming more and more complicated with more and more products to use.
One thing I definitely do recommend, though, is a good eyeshadow primer. It will keep your shadow where you put it, and stop it from creasing as the day goes on. So let's have a look at some of the ones I have in my "tower of treasure".

First of all, the makeup artists' favourite, Urban Decay Primer Potion. They recently changed their packaging from the genie bottle to the squeezy tube, and although they say that they haven't changed their formulation, it does feel a little different to me (maybe that's just a mental response to the new packaging? I don't know). I've loved Primer Potion forever, and it was long considered my very favourite... until I found....

Benefit Stay don't stray eyeshadow primer. This is my favourite and the product that performs the best for me. I received this little sample size in a gift box, and I will be straight in to see the girls at the Benefit counter for some more as soon as I get close to running out. The formulation is great, it feels goos on my skin and my eye makeup does not budge at all when I use it underneath, no matter what crazy combination I've done.

Last of all is the more budget-friendly brand, Models Prefer, which I picked up from my local Priceline. It's a great all-rounder, I'm not as keen on this one as I am the Benefit product, but in terms of wearability, you can't go wrong for the price.

So tell me, do you use eyeshadow primer? Which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment