Wednesday 21 November 2012

Trendsday - Mattify your nail looks!

Matte nail polish is becoming a craze everywhere I look, and in my explorations on the interwebz this week, I came across some amazing ideas for nail art that mix trends, products and techniques, so I decided to give one of them a red hot go.


First of all, I want to show you how I found matte nail polish. I went looking for an actual black matte polish, and instead left the store with ChiChi matte top coat, which means that any solid colour nail polish that I have in my collection is now potentially a matte polish too! You just paint on your normal colour. I used the black from OPI's so so skullicious collection, and just used the matte top coat like I would any other top coat. It's super fast-drying and super effective, giving me exactly the effect I was after.

On my ring finger, I painted a blue and purple coloured glitter polish, as I am going for a stand-out one nail different trendy look.

Then, on top of all of my nails, I used my BYS nail art polish in black to create a criss-cross pattern.

Last of all, a coat of regular top coat over the ring fingers to seal the glitter. DO NOT use regular top coat over the matte top coat because you will make it shiny and undo all your hard work.

Here's what the finished product looks like:


What do you think? Do you like the subtle nail art?

1 comment:

  1. I recently got a matte top coat and I love the look of it! Great design!
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete