Thursday 21 November 2013

BELLABOX NOVEMBER 2013 REVIEW - I'M SO OVER IT


This month, I was annoyed with Bellabox before it even got here. On the 11th of this month, they told everyone that shipment had started, and by the 20th, there were still no posts by anyone saying that they had received a box. I had a decent bitch about it on their facebook page, telling them that we would all prefer to have an answer for the delay, rather than every day saying that the boxes were on their way. We never got a proper answer. This is the third month of delays.

If you've been watching my unboxing videos, you'll know that it's also the third month in a row that I have received my bella "box" not in a box. This month, they unveiled their "exciting new packaging", and it's a complete joke. A thin cardboard pillow box, which didn't hold all of the products, even though most of them were tiny. The worst part was the condition that my parcel arrived in, due to the insufficient packaging. I'm really glad there were no powder products in there, because they would have been destroyed.
So what's in the actual "box"?
Bellabox Pout Pencil in Pinky Promise. RRP $14.99
Very, very similar to the Boe Beauty lipstick pencils that I got for $2 at BigW.

Simple Kind to eyes Makeup Corrector pen RRP $11.99
A makeup corrector pen for your eyes. Fine felt tip. I think it'll be useful.

ASAP Daily facial cleanser and Anti Ageing night cream
I'll try these out, but the samples are tiny, and it's hard to get a decent review out of just a couple of uses.

La Roche Posay BB cream SPF 50
This is one I've been wanting to try, but I can't see myself paying $28.95 for a BB cream, to be honest.

Aveeno Daily Body Moisturiser
A little body lotion sample. Will come in handy for my legs as summer approaches

BONUS PRODUCT! (This is a massive pet peeve of mine. They say "BONUS!" like it's an amazing addition to the box, then shove in a freakin' sachet) Bump Eraiser Medi Paste.
I know that this product is good. It helps out with ingrown hairs.

Overall, I'm so unhappy with my bellabox experience this month (in combination with the last 2 months) that I unsubscribed. I would have to see some significant changes to consider starting again with them.

I may try out the fortune cookie soap box, or even something else instead now. Any suggestions?

Below is my unboxing video. (Language alert: I use some low-grade swear words in this video)


< br/>

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Katy for your honest review. I'm hoping that my box isn't a "shit" one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually get the "crap box" so I'm expecting the same one as you got, unless there's an even crappier box! The only things I'm hoping to get are the Simple Eye Corrector Pen and the Pinky Promise Lipstick as Pink is my colour! I have an awful feeling that I'll either receive the red one or some other crappy colour.. I agree with you about the packaging... Dreadful! What were they thinking when they decided on this? There will be a lot of complaints about broken items in the future if they stick with this sort of packaging. It doesn't make sense to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think I have ever got anything but the shit box. Sad to say I am just meh and it hasn't even got to Aust post yet according to the tracking. New Years resolution.....out with bella box, still have violet box and lust have it, any other suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just curious how much is the fortune cookie soap box? Im really annoyed at BB this month and I really wanted to like it. Im giving them one more month and then re looking at it in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you guys all get good boxes. Georgie, off the top of my head, I think it's $38 to Australia, but it's only every 3 months instead of every month, so it's less than $13 a month. I haven't tried their products before, but everyone raves about them, and you can't really fault a company with a soap scent called "unicorn farts" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received my November box today, my pout pencil was broken and it was the worst colour for me, the nude shade :( I also received less items than others, and no larger items/samples like other people seem to have gotten :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My new packaging was a makeup bag. So which is the "new packaging?" I hope it's the makeup bag!!! My lip pencil broke too :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck unsubscribing. After doing it via their website in May I still got dud boxes and had $ taken out of my account. After two emails directly to them and being promised that my account was finished - guess what?! A new box each month. Today after receiving the sixth box after initially cancelling my subscription I have just rang my bank and cancelled my credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck unsubscribing. After doing it via their website in May I still got dud boxes and had $ taken out of my account. After two emails directly to them and being promised that my account was finished - guess what?! A new box each month. Today after receiving the sixth box after initially cancelling my subscription I have just rang my bank and cancelled my credit card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no issues, but this post is 2 years old now.

      Delete