Friday 8 March 2013

Review: Lush Colour Supplement - Jackie Oates



On my last trip to the always-yummy-scented Lush, I decided to check out their new Emotional Brilliance cosmetics range. I was actually looking more for their amazing highly pigmented colour products, but one little gem caught my eye and I just had to check it out for myself.

Now, you need to keep in mind that I generally use MAC foundation, which I consider(ed) to be the best of the best in cosmetics for everyday use. I have to tell you that I've ditched my Matchmaster foundation in favour of Lush Jackie Oates colour supplement. I absolutely lovelovelove this product and I use it every single time I apply makeup now. It's the perfect neutral shade. I'm generally a little bit on the pink side, so yellow-based foundations make me look sick, and pink-based foundations tend to bring out the redness in my skin that little bit more.

As you can see here in my picture, it provides a lovely full coverage base, and when applied with a kabuki brush and set with a pressed powder to finish, it gives a lovely airbrushed look without too much effort.

If you wanted a more casual, everyday look, you can mix it with your favourite day moisturiser and turn it into a BB Cream! It's really, really versatile. Build it up over blemish-prone areas, or dress it down with simple application techniques.

The best part about this product is the price. At $17.95, this is the best value-for-money product I've used. Even if Jackie Oates isn't for you, colour-wise, there are 4 other colour supplements to choose from!


You can pick up Lush colour supplements in Lush stores or at www.lush.com.au


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment