Friday 30 November 2012

Special edition Elizabeth Arden Go Red for Women eyeshadow quad!

 Today I received a few things in the mail, which you'll see a lot more of in the next few days, but I was really super excited about this one, and I just had to share it with you guys!

This is a special edition Elizabeth Arden eyeshadow quad in Neutral Cashmeres, and it's Go red for women, which raises awareness of heart disease and stroke in women.

First of all, let's just take a moment to swoon over the packaging. It's art inspired by a 14 panel mural the Miss Elizabeth Arden had commissioned in 1935 to celebrate the universal beauty of women throughout the ages. This picture signifies the "modern" beauty in the 1930s, and I just adore it!

Inside are four neutral/pink-brown shades of eyeshadow which are all beautiful, buttery in texture and apply easily and beautifully with a brush and sponge applicator included.

I feel like this is a take-anywhere compact that you can construct an entire eye look from easily, using only these four shades to create the on-trend nude smoky eye.

I've swatched them on my arm below, starting in the top left, then top right, then bottom left and bottom right. The dark brown is really matte and could also be used for contouring in a pinch.

Now...the best part.

This compact retails at $58, but I was browsing through www.cosmeticcorner.com.au and I found this for $13.55

No, that's not a typo. $13.55(AU). They have some beautiful high end product on super sale there and you'd be crazy not to at least go and have a look. This, and the Calvin Klein lipgloss that arrived in the same package today are both legitimate, for real, actual product, not cheap knock-offs and they are amazing value!

Go and check it out, you won't regret it, I promise!

In the meantime, have a little drool over my gorgeous eyeshadow compact and stay tuned for an eye makeup tutorial soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment