Wednesday 12 September 2012

Trend Alert! Glitter nail beds.

 This month, with the change of season, I'm seeing a few different trends emerging in makeup, nails and hairstyles, so I figured I would share one with you today! I really like this little glitter-on-the-nail bed look, because you can mix it up and make a really bold statement, or a more subdued, pretty look for more formal occasions like a wedding or a family birthday.

I had so much fun experimenting with lots of different colours this week, trying out this technique, adjusting the amount of glitter I applied.The pink look with the Nicky Minaj collection (from OPI) sparkles on it reminds me of cupcakes with sprinkles on top!
I also tried out a coral look with gold glitter, which would be great to team up with a coral coloured dress this horse racing season.

Then, we have the NYC ballet collection sheer grey with the NYC ballet sparkle glitter, which would be awesome for a wedding or with a nice white summer dress. Along the same vein, on my little finger I have "Passion" from OPI's mothers day pack with a Nicole by OPI love heart glitter, which would be lovely with a pink dress or blouse.

The purple look is 2 colours from the Nicole by OPI Hit makers (Justin Bieber) collection.

The green is "don't mess with OPI" from the Texas collection, with a really cheap Ulta fuschia and green glitter on top.

I think all of these mixes look great, and could be adapted for lots of different occasions (or just because it's Wednesday!).

No comments:

Post a Comment