Thursday 20 September 2012

Thursday Reviews: Australis Rush Hour Palette.

 In amongst my discount makeup haul the other day, I picked up this awesome Australis Cosmetics Rush Hour "Pinks on the go" Palette. It has everything you need to create colour on your face in one handy little compact. First, let me apologize for the state of my brows. Next Monday's how-to is DIY eyebrow waxing, and I'm leaving them just a little longer than I usually would, especially when I know they are going to be photographed!

So, let's have a look at this palette. It has a handy lip brush and sponge tip applicator included in the packaging, but you'll have to carry a blush brush along with your mascara for this one. Still, with everything else you need already in the compact, it takes up almost no space even in a handbag! The blush is a soft, creamy peach-pink, perfect for most skintones that would suit the rest of the palette. Then we have a quad of eyeshadows, which I've used all of in my makeup look below.



There is a very light, shimmery ice-pink, which I've used up to the brow bone, a dusty pink which I've used over the entire lid and blended in just above the crease, an almost-plum hue which looks lovely over the entire lid, and a brown, which I've used into my outer corners for a bit of depth. Overall, I think it's created quite a good look. To that, I added my usual combination of gel liner and pencil liner, and a super volumizing mascara, and I was all done with the eyes.

I applied the blush sparingly, as I don't like to go out all rouged-up, but it's definitely a product that you could build up if you wanted to create a more intense colour.

The tonings of this palette suit my complexion perfectly, so I'm really happy with my purchase.

Then it was onto the lips for a finishing touch. There are 2 lip glosses, in nude-pink tones, and a lipstick in this dusty pink colour that I've used in the makeup look. It went on really smoothly, and has lasted through eating and drinking several hours after I applied it. The bonus of it is that if I do need to reapply, it's all right there in my handbag, brush and all!

I'm really pleased with this palette. It's definitely something I'll use "on the go", as the name suggests, as well as at home on a regular basis. And here's the best part...the RRP on this little gem is $12.95... yes, that's not a typo. All Australis products retail for less than $20, a fact that they are very proud of. It means that everyone can afford great quality, animal friendly products from a well established (25 years!!!!) company with a great name.

Well done, Australis!

No comments:

Post a Comment