Sunday 16 September 2012

Discount Makeup Haul!

Today I decided to go have a look in K Mart at the beauty section, and I also went for a train ride with my kids to Mentone and popped into the makeup outlet store across the road from the train station and I came home with this epic haul!
First of all, not one piece of this cost me more than $10, with 80% of the pieces being less than $6 each.

So here's what I got (I'll blog some of this stuff separately later on, so stay tuned for swatches, etc):

Sally Hansen Strengthening Nail Polish Remover. I needed nail polish remover, and this was the best smelling one.

Natio for men EDT. In the warmer months, I am a fan of light mens' fragrances for myself. This one is lovely and I think I'll be wearing this every day. From the Natio website: The top notes and first impression of the fragrance are Citrus, Bergamot and Grapefruit. The middle notes, also called 'the heart' because they give the fragrance its body, are Sage, Violet Leaf, Capsicum and Cardamom. The base notes - Pepper, Benzoin Tree, Myrrh, Patchouli and Cyprus remain long after the top and middle notes have faded.

Australis Rush Hour Pinks palette. This palette has a blush, four eye shadows, and three lip colours. I'll blog this in a review later, and include swatches and more details.

BYS Diamond Shine Lip Gloss in Precious. It's a lovely, shimmery nude-pink colour. Right up my alley.

BYS Blusher in candyfloss. A lovely pink shade that will be ideal for spring to summer looks.

BYS Desert Sands Palette. A collection of bronzey-brown eyeshadows, which I'll review in further detail soon.

BYS Mystique Palette. A collection of greys, blues and deep purples, which I'll also blog in further detail soon.

St. Ives Peel Off Hydroxy mask. 3 single use masks to lift dead surface cells and impurities, revealing smooth, visibly healthy skin. This one is for all skin types.

St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming mask. Made with mineral clay to deeply clean while firming and tightening skin. For Normal to Oily skin, this product is oil free.

So, that's my haul from today. I also bought some makeup sponges, but they really aren't all that exciting. I can't stress enough, though, how important it is to always use clean tools to apply your makeup. Sponges are the most important thing to change over on a regular basis, because bacteria builds up so fast inside them...and then you apply that straight to your face....ew! 

Stay tuned to find out more about these great products soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment