Thursday 6 September 2012

Review: OPI Texas collection



 I definitely have a soft spot for all things Texan, so when I saw that OPI have a collection dedicated to the Lone Star State, I just had to get my hands on it....or is that... it on my hands? Either way, I spotted green and turquoise, and several pinks and I just had to have a try of this collection.

I already have the green (Don't mess with OPI), which I used recently in a costume party look with some black and silver nail art to make it look kind of tartan-ish. It's a look I'm planning to recreate with some different colours soon, so stay tuned for that.

Today, I got my hands on the "lil shooters" mini range, which included Austin-tatious Turquoise, I vant to be a Lone Star, and Do you think I'm Tex-y, along with a gorgeous little sample bottle of rapidry top coat.

As you can see here, I've used the turquoise and the sky blue to create a cute little multi french look, using my silver nail art brush to soften the edge a little bit. Super simple and really quick to do, it's a really fun way to step away from the everyday....for any day!

I'm still growing my nails, so the ends are rounded, a look that I don't really favour. I'd much prefer a more square tip, but one cannot be picky and choosy whilst one is growing out her damaged nails. My nails really benefit from having the extra protection of a coat of nail polish, so I love to jazz it up every once in a while and make my nails really fun. It seems to do the job cheering me up, no matter how crappy the day.

There are some really great colours in this collection and I'm looking forward to picking up some more soon!

Beauty Blog Hop I joined a beauty blog hop, which helps bloggers get their content seen by lots more people... Really want to thank the organizer, and the best way to do that is to send you guys to the blog! http://mimikaayu.blogspot.ca check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment