Wednesday 17 October 2012

Trendsday: Pink blush

It's spring here in Australia, and I'm seeing lots of lovely springtime makeup looks around, most of which include some shade of pink cheek. This is perfect for me, because I am a pink blush lover and have all the shades of pink to show you!




For a pink cheek to work, it's best to use the blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upward towards your ear, and not really focus it under the cheekbone. Pink tends to work well as a highlighting colour, and using it in a contour area will just leave you looking a little clownlike.

The other trick to pink blush is to keep it light, especially in spring and summer. We want to keep the look fresh. Also, be aware of your natural skintones. For some people, a pink blush just isn't going to look nice, and they should stick to more bronze-y shades. It's all about finding what looks best on your skin, not just about following a trend no matter how silly it looks on an individual.

One gorgeous little secret weapon I have in my collection is a little bottle of MAC lustre drops in Pink Rebel. It's gorgeous as a highlighter and gives a subtle wash of pink with it. I use this regularly along the top of my cheekbones, just above the blush, for an added dimension.


No comments:

Post a Comment