Monday, 17 December 2012

How-to: Deal with an allergic reaction.

One thing that lots of us deal with at one time or another is allergic reactions to beauty products.

I experienced this myself for the first time on Wednesday night when I tried out a new cleanser and a wrinkle cream. Immediately after I'd applied it, my skin felt hot and started to sweat, I became very red, and broke out in a lumpy, bumpy rash.

So... when this happens to you, what should you do?


  • Don't panic. You're probably not going to die.
  • Don't put any other products on the affected area. Instead, just cleanse the area with clean, cool water.
  • If you have a cold pack handy, apply it to the affected area to cool down the skin.
  • Leave your skin alone for a couple of days and let it settle down by itself.
  • You could also take an antihistimine if you have some handy.
  • Don't blame the product. In my case, for example, my skin is used to having organic or naturally derived products used on it every day, and this product (s) was a heavy cosmeceutical. My skin basically just went "WHAT THE HELL?" and reacted in a violent manner.
I'm feeling much better now. My skin has settled down, and I'm back on the road to clear skin...and I'm being a little more gentle and cautious.

2 comments:

  1. I came to personally invite you to come join our "Pinterest Christmas Hop" to gain more followers on Pinterest. Just click the link and enter your infos to link up and show up on the list :-) The more people join the merrier :-)

    Pinterest Christmas Hop Link: http://bit.ly/Ycrm6X

    kisses Keke

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the invite, but I actually don't have a Pinterest account.

    ReplyDelete