Thursday 17 October 2013

OMG AMAZING! MODELS PREFER SWEET KISSES PALETTE TIN REVIEW/FIRST LOOK!


This week, I've picked up the most awesome palette I've ever owned, and I didn't even have to save up my pennies for it!

Models Prefer have launched a brand new set called Sweet Kisses, which comes in an absolutely gorgeous "chocolate tin" packaging, and has all sorts of really cute, sweet-themed names.

The tin contains 16 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, bronzer and illuminator, eyeshadow primer, brow gel, mascara and a dual-ended eyeshadow brush.

I'll go through the individual products and let you know my first impressions of them




First, the actual tin. It's very pretty, lightweight, yet sturdy enough to be a really great packaging that you can count on not to break, and the lid is hinged, which means that you never have to search for the different parts of the tin when you're done with your makeup look.

Next, the primer, which reminds me a lot of Too Faced shadow insurance. The formula is creamy and not greasy, and seems like a really great primer for use to ensure your shadow doesn't move or crease during the day.

Next up are the face products. The bronzer is great, not too dark, but enough to get a gorgeous contour, it's silky and goes on beautifully with a contouring brush. The same goes for the illuminator. It's not overpowering, but definitely shows up on the skin, and feels great on the face.

The 2 shades of blush are awesome for pretty much any skintone, and considering the fact that you can mix them together, I think there's something for any cheek there, if you get creative with the bronzer and illuminator also.

Next, we have the duo eyeshadow brush, which is very dense, a flat shader on one end, and a crease brush on the other. They feel good, not as soft as I generally like, but sometimes that's good to help to pack the colour on when you're doing a really awesome eyeshadow look. I'm yet to use it on my actual eye, so I'll let you guys know how I go with that.


There is a clear brow gel, which has a pretty standard traditional spooly brush, which always comes in handy, and a black volumising mascara, with a thinner plastic (spiky-looking) brush, the kind that are popular at the moment. Once I've done a look from this palette, I'll let you know my thoughts on the mascara. It's difficult to judge it without giving it a really good go.




The actual inner packaging is lightweight foam board, which gives a nicer look than just thin plastic or cardboard, but allows for depotting very easily.


Last of all, here are some shots of the eyeshadows up close, so that you can see the kinds of colours that are included. I think the range is fantastic, and I can't wait to use them to create some really great looks for you guys.

Well done, Models Prefer! I'm really impressed with this tin, and can't wait to see what's next from the brand.

This tin is available from Priceline and Priceline Pharmacy (I got mine from their online store) for $25! Go get one!









No comments:

Post a Comment