Thursday 14 March 2013

Review; Lancome Hypnose Star mascara




In the February Lust Have It box, I received a cute little sample of Lancome Hypnose Star mascara.I am quite the mascara connoisseur, so I was excited to try out a high end product like this and see if it lived up to the hype.

It totally does. In a few different ways!

First of all, it's a glossy, blacker-than-black colour. Just one coat of this makes my lashes pop and my eyes are defined absolutely.


Then there's the added benefit of not needing to tightline. I hate tightlining! It's uncomfortable, awkward, and risky, and the effect is not worth the hassle, to be honest. However, if you can get the same effect with no extra effort, it does make enough of a difference to bother with it.

The shape of the brush is what lets you get right in under the lashes to the upper waterline, and it coats the skin there right on the lashline as you pull the mascara through your lashes.
It lengthens and separates the lashes beautifully, and if you want a bit of extra volume like i do, you can always use a lash primer or fibre coat first, then apply this over the top. In my pictures, I've used a maybelline XXL pro lash primer (from the 2 step mascara that I usually use), then just one coat of the Lancome product over the top.

Now, in terms of where to get it and how much "high end" costs, it varies unbelievably between Australia and the USA. Here in Australia, you need to get it from the Lancome counter at Myer store, and it's going to set you back $52.
If you're in the USA, you're lucky, because at Sephora, you can pick this baby up for $28! I'm going to make do with my sample for the next few months and pick up a couple of full sized ones when I go to Texas in August.

Definitely a product to try out if you have the urge to splurge on a nice product. If you can find a sample somewhere, even better! I don't like to spend huge dollars on mascara, because technically we're supposed to ditch them every 3 months. It makes me wish that they came in smaller and more affordable product sizes. the sample that I got in my LHI box is just about a perfect 3 month supply for me, wearing makeup 4-5 times per week.

Check it out, though, it's a fantastic product!

No comments:

Post a Comment