Friday 3 May 2013

Trend Alert: Pastel/Coloured smokey eye makeup.




I've been waiting for this trend to emerge since the smokey eye became really popular again, and it hasn't disappointed me.

Lately in the media, I'm seeing a whole heap of different coloured smokey eyes, and it seems to be pastel-colour bases that are making a really big statement.

The big secret when it comes to eye makeup, and the smokey eye in particular is proper blending. You need to make sure you always have a clean brush handy, preferably of the "fluffy" variety. (If you don't know what a fluffy blending brush looks like, refer below)

For this look, I used a sillver base from my Chanel palette, then a variety of different pastel blue and teal colours from my 120 pro palette, and last of all, "Rockstar" by Urban Decay (smoked palette) in my outer corner and crease to smoke it all out and deepen the look.

I used my Essence blue eyeliner on the bottom lid, and my Australis curve ink liner on my upper lid, then topped it all off with lashings of MAC Plushlash mascara.

What do you think of this new trend? Do you want to see me do a different colour (pink, or purple, perhaps)? Would you wear this look? Do you want to see a tutorial for this look?
MAC 224 blending brush

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment