Wednesday 26 June 2013

Update:Blog news...and I'm sick again!

Hey guys, I know it's been a while between posts....again.

There are a few things going on with me/the blog at the moment, and I figured I should post a little update to let you guys know where I'm at and what you can expect in the future.

First of all, yay winter! Max and I both have the dreaded lurgy, so in addition to dealing with my own illness, I'm trying to tend to a sick almost-3-year-old which leaves very little time for even cleaning my house or dragging myself through the shower, so the thought of putting on makeup to make content for you guys is kinda beyond me right now. I know you all understand.

SO...what's going on with the blog for the future plans and stuff? WELL. I recently completed the pilot course from YouTube Creator Academy, and I'm all kinds of motivated to push my content in the YouTube direction, so that means you'll see more video content from me, which I'll cross-post here to the blog. My posts will be put on a regular schedule, once or twice a week, which I'm still figuring out, and then in between, you'll be able to follow me on facebook, twitter and instagram to get your fix of beauty secrets.

You'll also be able to follow my vlog channel, which I intend to make more active now that I'm training for Tough Mudder and out and about more often. I may even do some one-take vlogs several times a week, just to get my life out there into the Youtube community.

In the works right now are a couple of tag videos, including a cross-promotion with another beauty youtuber, which I can't wait to film. The thought of collaborating with other aussies beauty vloggers is a very exciting one!

I will be filming some stuff over the weekend, including my Violet Box first impressions/review, and should get a schedule sorted out over the next week or so. Just be patient with me, we'll get there. I'm also going to film the "50 facts about me" tag, which will give you some more insight into my life and why I'm so bloody busy all the time!

In the meantime, why not head on over to my Youtube channels, and don't forget to subscribe while you're there!

My beauty channel
My second channel for vlogs and other fun stuff (profanity warning on most of my videos there)

You can also find me on Twitter @katy_lylak
and on facebook (don't forget to hit the "like" button!)
Also on instagram @katylylak #KBCOMUNITY

Coming up very soon, there will be a giveaway, I'm not 100% sure how I'll run it just yet, but it'll be awesome, I promise. Once I've been to the USA in August, I'll have some "can't get in aus" goodies as a special treat for some aussie readers, and don't forget to tune in for my USA vlogs, which I'm sure my boyfriend will just -love- being a part of (haha). I wonder if an aussie accent will be enough for Sephora to let me film in store?

So just stay tuned, I haven't forgotten about you all. You can look forward to some more great content super soon.

Katy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment