Wednesday 28 August 2013

REVIEW: John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour.

You know when you find a hair colour that just works for you? You had a colour in mind, and when you bought the at-home colourant it just worked out exactly the way you wanted it to? That happened to me this week. I don't think it was by accident, or good Karma, or Divine Intervention, though. This is just a really kick-ass product that does what it says it will do.

The awesome people at John Frieda sent me some of their new hair colours to try out, and it really is a new and different way to apply hair colour at home. I'll go through the process in a sec, but first I want to talk about what you get inside the box. There's the colour, the developer, a weird nozzle for the bottle, instructions, gloves and after-colour conditioner. Let's just take a second to talk about the gloves. They are actually really awesome gloves, not the crappy, noisy plastic type that never fit on your hands properly. These are like the kind of gloves my hairdresser in the salon wears. I really appreciate the little extras in a product like this, and for the extra little bit of cost in the product, they make life a lot easier.

So you mix the colour with the developer, and it ends up completely liquid, and with what looks like not much product in the bottle. The instructions then say to squeeze the middle of the bottle and dispense product into your hand and here is what happened:

FOAM! I don't know what I was expecting, considering it says FOAM right there on the box, the bottle and the ads on TV. Still, I was thoroughly impressed by the foam. Here's the upside of using the foam on your head; there is a lot more product in the pack. If you have long hair and usually need 2 colour packs, I would try this one. There was too much product for my fine shoulder length hair, and I didn't use about a third of it. Also, the mess... if you're usually a bit messy with your hair colour, this is the product for you.It wipes off of skin (and benchtops) so easily, and it's just generally easier to apply neatly and without making a massive mess of yourself. I've seen girls wandering around, thinking they look great (even beauty bloggers at events have been guilty of this!), with dye stains on their ears and in their hairline, which is NOT a good look. This foam colour seems to reduce that. In fact, I had not one bit of colour on any of my skin, clothes or bathroom when I was done, which is quite a feat.
So now for the important part. The results. What I was going for was "proper ginger", and I chose 6.5C, Lightest copper brown. I think I'll let the "After" picture speak for itself. I'm absolutely delighted with it!
I will definitely be going back to this colour for the forseeable future, because it's exactly the colour I wanted, easy application, great results, and the after-colour conditioner is just beautiful on the hair. I adore this product, and I highly recommend it to everyone who colours their hair at home.

You can find it for yourself at Chemist Warehouse, Priceline, Woolworths, Coles, Target and selected pharmacies.

Fair and full disclosure: John Frieda sent me this product free of charge for my consideration. I was under no obligation to review it. I endeavour to bring you honest reviews of products that I have personally tried and loved. Did I mention that I really love this hair colour?

1 comment:

  1. I love that colour! What colour was your hair before and how long did the colour last? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete