Thursday, 13 February 2014

CHANGING YOUR HAIR AFTER A BREAKUP?

As you guys know, I recently started using henna, and the picture here is the result of the beautiful red colour that I used.

I've been dyeing my hair red for a couple of years now, and I do like it, but something has prompted me to want a change, and it made me think about a phenomenon that affects many, many women.

How often have you changed your hair after the end of a relationship, or some other stressful event?

My usual urge is to cut it all off, but this time, I'm definitely going to restrain that urge and keep my length, although I am in need of a trim, so I will probably do that. I'm planning a trip to Lush to pick up some Caca Noir, to bring my hair back to dark.

I do love my hair when it's dark, as it provides a lovely contrast to my pale complexion, and allows me more freedom with my makeup. You can expect to see a video soon of my Caca Noir experience.

So why do we often change our hair when things in our lives change drastically? I'm actually not sure. Maybe it's from the 40's, when it was a show of feminine strength to "wash that man right out of my hair"? Maybe it's just a makeover always makes us feel a bit better and gives us more confidence. Maybe it's a way to regain control and make a decision that solely affects us as humans? Whatever it is, I am definitely amongst the group of women who feels the need to change my hair when things go awry, and I'm at a point in my life where I am certainly feeling that need. Now I just have to promise myself that I won't "go the chop" on a whim!

I know this has been an unusually introspective and philosophical post, let me know if you want more of this kind of thing, or if you just want to see reviews and tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment