Wednesday, 29 January 2014

LUSH REVIEW: H'SUAN WEN HUA HAIR TREATMENT

 My fine, wavy/curly hair is always really thirsty. Years of chemically treating it have sucked the life out of it and left me with hair that's often a little uncontrollable, frizzy and not particularly appealing to look at.

I do try not to heat style it, and as you guys know from reading my blog, I no longer use chemical dyes, instead choosing to use henna on my locks for extra conditioning goodness with my colour.

In addition to the henna treatments, I do find that my hair needs some TLC, and so I have discovered Lush's amazing, chai-scented treatment and hair moisturiser, H'suan Wen Hua. It translates roughly to God of hair, and I can totally get behind anything that might make my hair remotely goddess-like.

In this first picture is my hair's "before". You can see it's quite flyaway, frizzy and in generally yukky condition.

The way to use H'suan Wen Hua is to plaster it onto your dry hair, clip it up and leave it for 20 minutes, then shampoo it out, use conditioner if you need to.

So that's what I did. I really slathered it on and made it a bit of a luxury bath for my hair, then clipped it up and wandered off to watch one of my favourite TV shows for half an hour, then I washed it out, using my usual tiny speck of conditioner.

One of the things I noticed immediately about it is that the chai scent stays with your hair for days afterwards, even if you use a scented shampoo and conditioner. That's something that I love about it, but definitely something to consider if Chai isn't really on your "love" list of scents.

As for the effect on my hair, I absolutely love it. My hair is soft, shiny, more manageable, and generally looks much nicer, even if I don't do anything to it. It's definitely a product that I'll buy over and over again.

At just under 20 dollars, I don't feel like it's a massive investment. Even with the amount that I used on my head the first time, there will be enough or 4 or 5 more treatments (let's call it 5 and say that it's $4 a go) and I would be paying at least 3 times that amount in a salon for a treatment that is, in my opinion, less effective.


Make sure you ask for a sample of H'suan Wen Hua next time you're at Lush, and I almost guarantee you'll want to buy it immediately. It's one of those "wow" products that is truly amazing.

Available from Lush stores worldwide, and www.lush.com

No comments:

Post a Comment