Saturday, 4 January 2014

HOW TO: MAKE BATH BOMBS

 This week, I've learned a new skill! You guys know I always like to share my awesome new skills with you, so I've made a bit of a tutorial video for you!

It's quite a long video, so make sure you've got 15 minutes to sit down and watch it. I am considering selling these little beauties on ebay, so keep an eye out for that in the future. If you wanted me to make some for you, you can always email me at katysbeautysecrets@gmail.com and we can work something out.

The recipe is:

2 parts bicarb soda
1 part citric acid
1 part epsom salts
1 part cornstarch/cornflour
food colouring/fragrant oils/confetti as you like it
water - watch it and see if you need it, as I say in the video, it all depends on how much oil and colouring you use.

You really need to watch the video to get the method down, but I figured I'd give you all the required ingredients so that you can make sure you have them before you make bath bombs with me!
I do mention in the video that the sugar confetti will be left behind after the bath, and that just means that you'll have to clean them off your bath, because they won't dissolve quickly enough to go out with the bath water. They are super easy to clean off the bath with a cloth, though, and dissolve in hot water.

Silicone cake or chocolate molds are the best thing to use, don't forget to leave them untouched in the molds for at least 24 hours, longer if it's a wetter mix or if it's a humid day.



No comments:

Post a Comment